Wednesday 30 October 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 30, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Teresa Hamilton and Ed Lauter in Long Beach.
Bitter Sweet, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1940 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Teresa Hamilton: American astrologer, specialist of vedic astrology.
- Ed Lauter in Long Beach: New York, USA; actor (Sheriff Cain - BJ and the Bear).
- Ed Lauter: Long Beach, New York -- Actor (Sheriff Cain-BJ & the Bear).
- Cole Porters musical Panama hattie, premieres in New York City