Saturday 5 July 1930US date format: 7/5/1930, UK date format: 5/7/1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 5, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Beaulieu and George Steinbrenner.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1930 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Charles Beaulieu
- George Steinbrenner: Businessman.
- Tommy Cook: Duluth, Minnesota -- Actor (Missile to...
- Yutaka Makino: Composer.
- 50th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Bill Tilden beats W Allison (63 97 64)
- The Seventh Lambeth Conference of Anglican Christian bishops opens. This conference approved the use of artificial birth control in limited circumstances, marking a controversial turning point in Christian views on contraception.
- The Lapua Movement marches in Helsinki, Finland.
- Building of the Boulder Dam (now known as Hoover Dam) is started.