Friday 6 January 1939, EpiphanyUS date format: 1/6/1939, UK date format: 6/1/1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Nallet and Murray Rose.
Son of Frankenstein, directed by Rowland V. Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Western Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1939 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Henri Nallet
- Murray Rose: Australian swimmer, the youngest Triple...
- Pierre Chatillon
- Susumu Tonegawa
- Georgios Babiniotis: Greek linguist and philologist.
- ''Naturwissenschaften'' publishes evidence that nuclear fission has been achieved by Otto Hahn.