Sunday 6 July 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francoise Mallet-Joris [F Lilar] and H J Heise.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1930 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Francoise Mallet-Joris [F Lilar]: Belgian writer (Signs & Wonders).
- H J Heise: Writer.
- Balamurali Krishna: Indian Carnatic musician, poet and composer.
- M Balamuralikrishna: Indian Carnatic vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, playback singer, composer and actor.
- Hans-Jürgen Heise: German author and poet.
- Françoise Mallet-Joris: Belgian author, novelist, love marie mancini; writes about garden parties.
- Francoise Mallet-Joris: Belgium Writer
- George Armstrong: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Ian Burgess: English racing driver (d. 2012)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?