Sunday 6 July 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Françoise Mallet-Joris and H J Heise.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1930 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Françoise Mallet-Joris: Belgian author, novelist, love marie mancini; writes about garden parties.
- H J Heise: Writer.
- Balamurali Krishna: Indian Carnatic musician, poet and composer.
- M Balamuralikrishna: Indian Carnatic vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, playback singer, composer and actor.
- Francoise Mallet-Joris [F Lilar]: Belgian writer (Signs & Wonders).
- Francoise Mallet-Joris: Belgium Writer.
- George Armstrong: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Ian Burgess: English racing driver (d. 2012).
- Hans-Jürgen Heise: German author and poet.