Thursday 6 June 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laudir De Olivera and Phillip Rhodes.
The Ghost Breakers, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1940 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Laudir De Olivera: Rocker (Chicago).
- Phillip Rhodes: Composer.
- Willie-John McBride: British rugby player.
- Willie McBride: Irish rugby union player with over 13 years as an international player, 11 of which he served as captain.
- JP Sullivan: American AIDS patient, a top interior designer in Sacramento, CA.
- Kumar Bhattacharyya: Baron Bhattacharyya Indian-English engineer and academic
- Aarne Hermlin: Estonian chess player (d. 2007)
- Larry Lujack: American disc jockey
- E E Clive: Actor (Bulldog Drummond, Night Muss Fall), dies at 56.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 June 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?