Thursday 6 June 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Devouassoux and Laudir De Olivera.
The Ghost Breakers, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Mrs. Miniver by Jan Struther was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 June 1940 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Gérard Devouassoux
- Laudir De Olivera: Rocker (Chicago).
- Phillip Rhodes: Composer.
- Willie-John McBride: British rugby player.
- Willie McBride: Irish rugby union player with over 13 years as an international player, 11 of which he served as captain.
- JP Sullivan: American AIDS patient, a top interior designer in Sacramento, CA.
- Kumar Bhattacharyya: Baron Bhattacharyya Indian-English engineer and academic.
- Aarne Hermlin: Estonian chess player (d. 2007).
- Larry Lujack: American disc jockey.
- E E Clive: Actor (Bulldog Drummond, Night Muss Fall), dies at 56.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?