Thursday 6 June 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 6, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Devouassoux and Phillip Rhodes.
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1940 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Gérard Devouassoux
- Phillip Rhodes: Composer.
- Willie-John McBride: British rugby player.
- Willie McBride: Irish rugby union player with over 13 years as an international player, 11 of which he served as captain.
- Laudir De Olivera: Rocker (Chicago).
- Kumar Bhattacharyya: Baron Bhattacharyya Indian-English engineer and academic.
- Aarne Hermlin: Estonian chess player (d. 2007).
- Larry Lujack: American disc jockey.
- JP Sullivan: American AIDS patient, a top interior designer in Sacramento, CA.
- E E Clive: Actor (Bulldog Drummond, Night Muss Fall), dies at 56.