Wednesday 6 November 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Ladreit de Lacharrière and Dieter F Uchtdorf.
Fantasia, directed by Leopold Stokowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Kitty Foyle by Christopher Morle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 6 November 1940 ?
- Marc Ladreit de Lacharrière: French business leader, the CEO of FIMALAC (a.
- Dieter F Uchtdorf: American religious figure.
- Elke Sommer: German-American actress of international films.
- Johnny Giles: Irish footballer and manager.
- Ruth Messinger: American businesswoman and politician.
- Dieter Uchtdorf: German-American pilot and religious leader.
- Franklin D Roosevelt re-elected President
- Agatha Christie's mystery novel ''And Then There Were None'' is published in book form in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?