Tuesday 7 January 1941, Orthodox Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 7, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Iona Brown and Ann Susan Hills.
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1941 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Iona Brown: English violinist and conductor (d. 2004).
- Ann Susan Hills: Freelance journalist.
- Frederick Drew Gregory in Washington DC: USA; Colonel US Air Force/astronaut (STS 51-B, 33, 44).
- Robert Hicks: rocker (Paul Butterfield Blues Band).
- John E. Walker: Scientist.
- Frederick Gregory: American colonel pilot and astronaut.
- Manfred Schellscheidt: German-American soccer player and coach.
- John Walker: English chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- John E Walker: English chemist, Nobel Prize laureate.