Saturday 7 July 1923US date format: 7/7/1923, UK date format: 7/7/1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 7, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Lumley and Wojciech Jaruzelski.
Where the North Begins, directed by Chester M. Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 July 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1923 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Wojciech Jaruzelski: Leader.
- Richard Lumley: English insurance magnate / multi-millionaire.
- Roberto Caamano: Composer.
- Jean Kerr in Scranton: Pennsylvania, USA; novelist (Please Don't Eat the Daisies).
- Josephine Ford: American noted family and philanthropist.
- Liviu Ciulei: Romanian actor director and screenwriter (d. 2011).
- Eduardo Falú: Argentinian guitarist and composer (d. 2013).
- 43rd Wimbledon Mens Tennis: William Johnston beats F Hunter (60 63 61)
- University of Delaware invents the "junior year abroad" (at Sorbonne).
- Cleveland Indians beat Boston Red Sox 27-3 with 13 runs in 6th inning.