Saturday 14 July 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dale Robertson in Harrah and Frances Lear in Larchmont.
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1923 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Dale Robertson in Harrah: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Death Valley Days, Walter - Dynasty).
- Frances Lear in Larchmont: New York, USA; woman's magazine publisher (Lears).
- Harold Epperson: American u.s.
- Primo Nebiolo: Italian President of the FIDAL as well as the Olympic Games Association.
- Antoine Haffner: St-Etienne EXecutives.
- Dale Robertson: American actor and singer (d. 2013)
- Willie Steele: American long jumper (d. 1989)
- Robert Zildjian: American businessman founded Sabian (d. 2013)
- Louis Ganne: Composer, dies at 61.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Wildflower - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Trot Along - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?