Sunday 15 July 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mildred Krantz and Philly Jones.
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1923 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Mildred Krantz: American artist and contemporary painter, better known on the East Coast.
- Philly Jones: American drummer (d. 1985).
- 27th US Golf Open: Bobby Jones shoots a 296 at Inwood Country Club - New York
- Italian parliament accepts new constitution
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Wildflower - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Trot Along - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?