Monday 2 July 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wislawa Szymborska and Rafael Farina.
Where the North Begins, directed by Chester M. Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1923 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Wislawa Szymborska: Polish poet, essayist, translator and recipient of the 1996 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Rafael Farina: Spanish flamenco singer, who died in Madrid on 21 November 1995.
- Monique Manuel: France Actor.
- Cyril Kornbluth: American soldier and author (d. 1958).
- Wisława Szymborska: Polish poet and translator Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2012).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bambalina - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Dearest - Nora Bayes
- Coal Black Mammy - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?