Monday 2 July 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 2, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wislawa Szymborska and Monique Manuel.
Where the North Begins, directed by Chester M. Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1923 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Wislawa Szymborska: Polish poet, essayist, translator and recipient of the 1996 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Rafael Farina: Spanish flamenco singer, who died in Madrid on 21 November 1995.
- Monique Manuel: France Actor.
- Cyril Kornbluth: American soldier and author (d. 1958).
- Wisława Szymborska: Polish poet and translator Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2012).