Sunday 8 July 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harrison Dillard and Walter Buschhoff.
Where the North Begins, directed by Chester M. Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1923 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Harrison Dillard: American track and field athlete, the only male so far to win Olympic titles in both sprinting and hurdling events.
- Walter Buschhoff
- Maurice Horgues: French singer, songwriter, comedy writer and playwright.
- Didier Anzieu: French psychoanalyst.
- Andre Hatchondo: France sport Champion.
- Harding becomes 1st sitting President to visit Alaska (Metlakahtla)
- Walter Mittelholzer flies Junkers F-13 to Spitsbergen / Oostland
- US President Warren Harding becomes first sitting president to visit Alaska (Metlakahtla).