Thursday 19 July 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William A Rusher and Pat Hingle in Denver.
Kill or Cure, directed by Scott Pembroke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1923 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Pat Hingle in Denver: Colorado, USA; actor (Baby Boom, Norma Rae, Bloody Mama).
- William A Rusher: American newspaper columnist.
- Alex Hannum: American athlete, pro basketball player for eight seasons beginning in 1949 and coach.
- Theo Barker: English historian (d. 2001).
- Joseph Hansen: American author and poet (d. 2004).
- William Rusher: American lawyer and journalist (d. 2011).
- Lon Simmons: American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- WRC-AM in Washington DC begins radio transmissions
- 20 ampndash Pancho Villa is assassinated at Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua.