Wednesday 7 June 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 7, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marian Wright Edelman and Jean Contrucci.
Down the Wyoming Trail, directed by Albert Herman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 June 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1939 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Marian Wright Edelman: Activist.
- Jean Contrucci: French journalist and author of crime novels.
- Yuli Turovsky: Russian-Canadian cellist conductor and educator (d. 2013).
- 1st King and Queen of England to visit US, George VI and Elizabeth
- Cleveland Indians set American League record of 16-inning game without striking out, however lose game 5-4 to New York Yankees.
- First king and queen of England to visit US, George VI and Elizabeth.