Sunday 8 June 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fuzzy Haskins and George Pell.
Underground, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1941 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Fuzzy Haskins: American singer guitarist and producer (The Parliaments and Parliament-Funkadelic).
- George Pell: Australian cardinal.
- Irving Bailey: American CEO of Capital Holding, an investment contract, life insurance and credit card company.
- Clarence "Fuzzy" Haskins: US pop singer (Funkadelic-Knee Deep).
- Robert Bradford: Irish minister and politician (d. 1981).
- English and French troop overthrow pro-German Syria
- World War II: Allies invade Syria and Lebanon.
- WWII: British and Free French forces invade Syria.