Wednesday 9 August 1939US date format: 8/9/1939, UK date format: 9/8/1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 9, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Romano Prodi and Bulle Ogier.
The Man They Could Not Hang, directed by Nick Grinde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1939 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Romano Prodi: Italian politician and educator, he...
- Bulle Ogier: French actress and screenwriter.
- Brito: Brazilian footballer.
- Claude Osteen: baseball pitcher (Cincinnati Reds).
- Daniel Alcouffe: French curator and art historian.
- Hércules Ruas: Brazilian footballer.
- Max Neuhaus: Composer.
- The Mighty Hannibal: American singer-songwriter and producer...
- Billy Henderson: American singer (The Spinners) (Born...
- Butch Warren: American bassist (d. 2013).
- Vincent Hanna: Northern Irish journalist (d. 1997).
- Tony Budge: English contractor / tank maker /...