Friday 4 August 1939US date format: 8/4/1939, UK date format: 4/8/1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 4, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Frankie Ford [Frank Guzzo] and George M. Whitesides.
In Name Only, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1939 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- George M. Whitesides: Scientist.
- Frankie Ford [Frank Guzzo]: Gretna, Louisiana -- Rock vocalist (Sea...
- Bob Meyer: American baseball player, left-handed...
- Jack Cunningham: Baron Cunningham of Felling English...
- Frank Vincent: American actor and producer.
- Neville Chamberlain dismisses Parliament until October 3.