Friday 4 August 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frankie Ford [Frank Guzzo] and Bob Meyer.
The Four Feathers, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 4 August 1939 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Frankie Ford [Frank Guzzo]: Gretna, Louisiana -- Rock vocalist (Sea Cruise).
- Bob Meyer: American baseball player, left-handed pitcher/right-handed batter with the New York Yankees (1964), Los Angeles Angels (1964), Kansas City Athletics (1964), and Seattle Pilots/Milwaukee Brewers (1969–1970).
- Jack Cunningham: Baron Cunningham of Felling English politician Minister for the Cabinet Office.
- Frank Vincent: American actor and producer.
- Neville Chamberlain dismisses Parliament until October 3.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?