Thursday 3 August 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 3, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Strehl and Ivo Consolini.
In Name Only, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 August 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1939 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Jack Strehl: American entrepreneur, an electrical engineer who built a national semi-conductor company in Silicon Valley.
- Ivo Consolini: Italian designer, stylist of haute couture.
- Wes Craven: Director.
- John W. Snow: Economist.
- Jimmie Nicol: English drummer (The Spotnicks and Colin Hicks & The Cabin Boys).
- Apoorva Sengupta: Indian general and cricketer.
- Eugust Enna: Composer, dies at 80.
- Jean Genets Ondine, premieres in Paris