Monday 9 December 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Fano and John Cassavetes in New York City.
The Manxman, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1929 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Michel Fano: Composer.
- John Cassavetes in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Dirty Dozen, Rosemary's Baby).
- Robert J: L Hawke (Labour); Prime Minister Australia (1983-91).
- Gloria Bertcher: American educator; died of Alzheimer's at age 65, on 5/28/1995, 3:00 PM EDT, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Bob Hawke: Australian Labor Party Leader who was sworn in as Prime Minister on 3/11/1983, succeeding John Malcolm Fraser.
- John Cassavetes: American actor/director (Husbands, Dirty Dozen), dies at age 59 (born 1929).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?