Monday 9 July 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 9, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Federico Bahamontes and Pierre Pascal.
City Slickers, directed by mgm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1928 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Federico Bahamontes: Spanish road racing cyclist of Cuban descent, he won the Tour de France in 1959 although he was not considered as favourite but as the best climber (of all time!).
- Pierre Pascal: French comics collector, who founded the Angoulême International Comics Festival (French: Festival international de la bande dessinée d'Angoulême) in 1974.
- Winfred Thornton: American civil engineer and CEO of Florida East Coast Industries, a real estate company building industrial parks, business building complexes and some railroad.
- Vince Edwards: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (Ben Casey, Matt Lincoln, Firehouse).