Friday 20 July 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Riboulet and Pavel Kohout.
City Slickers, directed by mgm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1928 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Pierre Riboulet
- Jan Meyers: (Rep-R-Kansas, 1985- ).
- Pavel Kohout: Writer.
- Józef Czyrek: Polish economist and politician Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2013).
- Peter Ind: English bassist and producer.
- Sheldon Solow: American real estate developer.
- Kostas Karyotakis: Greek poet and educator (d. 1928).
- The government of Hungary issues a decree ordering Gypsies to end their nomadic ways, settle permanently in one place, and subject themselves to the same laws and taxes as other Hungarians.