Friday 13 July 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 13, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Crane and Tommaso Buscetta.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1928 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Bob Crane: American actor who became a star in the TV series "Hogan's Heroes" from 1965-1971, an unlikely vehicle built around fun and frolic in a German POW camp.
- Tommaso Buscetta: Sicilian Mafiosa, the first major figure in the Sicilian Mafia to break the code of omerta, the traditional vow of silence.
- Leroy Vinnegar: American jazz bassist.
- Donal Michalsky: Composer.
- Sven Davidson: Swedish-American tennis player (d. 2008).
- Jeanne Loriod: French musician, regarded as the world's leading exponent of the ondes Martenot.
- Bob Crane in Waterbury: Conncticut, USA; actor (Colonel Hogan - Hogan's Heroes).