Wednesday 11 July 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Aurillac and Nic Jonk.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1928 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Michel Aurillac: French government administrative officer and politician.
- Nic Jonk: Sculptor / painter (Jonas & the Whale).
- Robert Washburn: Composer.
- Jane Gardam: English writer of children's and adult fiction.
- Carl Olson: Athlete.
- Greville Janner: Baron Janner of Braunstone Welsh-English lawyer and politician (d. 2015).
- Bobo Olson: American boxer (d. 2002).
- Pedro Soto Suarez: Puerto Rican writer, journalist and teacher.