Saturday 21 July 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Gauthier and Nina Blanchard.
The Mating Call, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1928 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Marcel Gauthier: Canadian wrestler (d. 1998).
- Nina Blanchard: American founder, in 1963, of the most prestigious modeling and theatrical agency of its time in Hollywood.
- Sky Low: Canadian wrestler (d. 1998).
- Ellen A Terry: Brits actress / director (Imperial Theatre), dies at 81.
- 1st woman to win an olympic gold medal - Halina Knonpacka of Poland
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?