Thursday 26 July 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stanley Kubrick and Elliott Erwitt.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1928 ?
- Stanley Kubrick: American film director, screenwriter, producer, cinematographer, and editor who did much of his work in the United Kingdom.
- Elliott Erwitt: French-American photographer and director.
- Francesco Cossiga: Italian politician who founded a transitional centrist government which united various parties in 1979.
- Bernice Rubens: Welsh author (d. 2004).
- Peter Lougheed: Canadian lawyer and politician 10th Premier of Alberta (d. 2012).
- Ibn-e-Safi : Pakistani fiction writer and Urdu poet (Born 1928).
- Hans Haselbock: Composer.
- Sally Oppenheim-Barnes: Baroness Oppenheim-Barnes English politician.
- Tadeusz Baird: Polish composer (Giocosa).
- Stanley Kubrick in New York City New York USA director (2001: A Space Odyssey, Dr Strangelove, Lolita).
- Joe Jackson: Family Member.
- Don Beauman: English race car driver (d. 1955).
- Gene Tunney TKOs Tom Heeney in 11 for heavyweight boxing title
- Yanks score 11 runs in 12th beating Tigers 12-1