Saturday 14 July 1928US date format: 7/14/1928, UK date format: 14/7/1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 14, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nancy Olson and Louis Calaferte.
City Slickers, directed by mgm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1928 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Nancy Olson: American actress, nominated for an Oscar for her ingénue role in "Sunset Blvd," 1950.
- Louis Calaferte: Writer (Requiem of the Innocents), dies at 65.
- Jean-Marie Zemb
- Pierre Olaf: Cauderan, France -- Actor (Kraft Music Hall).
- William Rees-Mogg: English journalist and public servant.
- Ole Schmidt: Composer.
- Nancy Olson in Milwaukee: Wisconsin, USA; actress (Absent-Minded Professor, Pollyanna).
- Elizabeth Jane Lloyd: Artist / teacher.