Thursday 12 July 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alastair Burnett and Alastair Burnet.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1928 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Alastair Burnett
- Alastair Burnet: English journalist (d. 2012).
- Elias Corey: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Imero Fiorentino: American lighting designer (d. 2013).
- Jo Myong-Rok: North Korean military official (d. 2010).
- Kathy Staff: British actress (Born 1928).
- Pixie Williams: New Zealand singer (d. 2013).
- Jo Myong-rok: North Korean marshal (d. 2010).
- 1st televised tennis match
- Mexican aviator Emilio Carranza dies in a solo plane crash in the New Jersey Pine Barrens, while returning from a goodwill flight to New York City.