Friday 9 June 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lorenzo Necci and Michel Lang.
Down the Wyoming Trail, directed by Albert Herman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1939 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Lorenzo Necci: Italian attorney, degree in 1961.
- Michel Lang: French film and television director, best remembered for his comedy films in the late 1970s and 1980s.
- Bradford (United Kingdom)
- Dick Vitale: American sportscaster.
- Ileana Cotrubaș: Romanian soprano and actress.
- Norman Davies: Historian.
- David Hobbs: English race car driver and sportscaster.
- Charles Webb: American author and illustrator.
- Eric Fernie: Scottish historian and academic.
- Derek Hunt: CEO (MFI Furniture Group).
- Ileana Cotrubas: Romanian soprano.
- Owen Moore: Actor (She Done Him Wrong), commits suicide at 52.