Sunday 9 August 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tove Jansson and 2nd Alastair.
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1914 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Tove Jansson: Swedish-speaking Finnish novelist, painter, illustrator and comic strip author.
- 2nd Alastair: British royalty, a great-grandson of Queen Victoria through his father and great-great-grandson of Victoria through his mother.
- Roger Buvat: French biologist.
- William Hewitt: American manufacturing executive, with john deere plow co.
- Gordon Cullen: Architect.
- Ferenc Fricsay: Hungarian-Austrian conductor and director (d. 1963).
- Joe Mercer: English footballer and manager (d. 1990).
- Robert Taussat: Pont-du-Ch?teau EXecutives.
- German submarine U-15 sinks British cruiser
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ave Maria - John McCormack
- Puppchen - Prince's Orchestra