Sunday 9 August 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon Cullen and 2nd Alastair.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1914 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Gordon Cullen: Architect.
- 2nd Alastair: British royalty, a great-grandson of Queen Victoria through his father and great-great-grandson of Victoria through his mother.
- Roger Buvat: French biologist.
- William Hewitt: American manufacturing executive, with john deere plow co.
- Tove Jansson: Swedish-speaking Finnish novelist, painter, illustrator and comic strip author.
- Robert Taussat: Pont-du-Ch?teau EXecutives
- Ferenc Fricsay: Hungarian-Austrian conductor and director (d. 1963)
- Joe Mercer: English footballer and manager (d. 1990)
- German submarine U-15 sinks British cruiser
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 August 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Puppchen - Prince's Orchestra
- Ave Maria - John McCormack
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?