Sunday 10 September 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cynthia Lennon and Artie Tripp.
The Women, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 10 September 1939 ?
- Cynthia Lennon: British noted family, the first wife of John Lennon, married 8/23/1963 in the Mount Pleasant Register Office.
- Artie Tripp: Rocker (Mothers Of Invention).
- Greg Mullavey in Buffalo: New York, USA; actor (Tom - Mary Hartman, Rituals).
- Topham Brinton: English carpet magnate / multi-millionaire.
- David Stratton: English-Australian film critic and television personality.
- Wilhelm Fritz von Roettig: German soldier (Born 1888).
- In WWII, Canada declared war on Germany
- The US extends its embargo on arms shipments to Canada.
- Canada declares war on Nazi Germany.
- An article in the New York Times newspaper refers to the conflict in Poland as the "Second World War".
- World War II: The submarine HMS Oxley is mistakenly sunk by the submarine HMS Triton near Norway and becomes the Royal Navy's first loss.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?