Friday 29 September 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 29, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Linville and Eberhard Koellner.
Inspector Hornleigh on Holiday, directed by Walter Forde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1939 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Larry Linville: American actor (Born 1939).
- Eberhard Koellner: German DR, Cosmonaut (Soyuz 31 backup).
- Larry Linville in Ojai: California, USA; actor (Frank Burns - M*A*S*H, Blue Movie).
- Tommy Boyce: American songwriter (d. 1994).
- Fikret Abdic: Bosnian politician and businessman.
- Jim Baxter: Jim Baxter is credited as being one of the greatest and most skilful footballers to have come from Scotland.
- Bruce Froemming: Athlete.
- Fikret Abdić: Bosnian economist and politician.
- Dan Crary: American singer and guitarist.
- Molly Haskell: American author and critic.
- Rhodri Morgan: Welsh politician 2nd First Minister of Wales.
- Luigi Diberti: Italian actor who has appeared in more than 100 films and television shows since 1968.
- Dickstein: Mathematician.
- Gerald J. Cox, speaking at an American Water Works Association meeting, becomes the first person to publicly propose the fluoridation of public water supplies in the United States.