Monday 25 September 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 25, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph "Jesse" Russell and Michael Wadleigh.
Inspector Hornleigh on Holiday, directed by Walter Forde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 September 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1939 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Michael Wadleigh: Director.
- Joseph "Jesse" Russell: US singer (Slip Sliding Away).
- Leon Britain: Vice President (Commission of European Communities).
- David S Mann: American politician.
- Phyliss Cottle: American victim of assault and battery of the most vicious and brutal manner.
- Leon Brittan: English lawyer and politician Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills (d. 2015).
- Feroz Khan: Indian actor director and producer (d. 2009).
- David Mann: American lawyer and politician Mayor of Cincinnati.
- German Luftwaffe strikes Warsaw with (fire)bombs
- Versailles Peace Treaty forgot to include Andorra, so Andorra and Germany finally sign an official treaty ending World War I.