Monday 25 September 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph "Jesse" Russell and Leon Britain.
Essex and Elizabeth, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1939 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Joseph "Jesse" Russell: US singer (Slip Sliding Away).
- Leon Britain: Vice President (Commission of European Communities).
- David S Mann: American politician.
- Phyliss Cottle: American victim of assault and battery of the most vicious and brutal manner.
- Leon Brittan: English lawyer and politician Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills (d. 2015).
- Feroz Khan: Indian actor director and producer (d. 2009)
- David Mann: American lawyer and politician Mayor of Cincinnati
- German Luftwaffe strikes Warsaw with (fire)bombs
- Versailles Peace Treaty forgot to include Andorra, so Andorra and Germany finally sign an official treaty ending World War I.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?