Saturday 11 January 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Veda Ann Borg and Felix Denegri Luna.
The Lightning Raider, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1919 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Veda Ann Borg: Boston, Massachusetts -- Actress (Avalanche, Accomplice).
- Felix Denegri Luna: Peruvian historian, lawyer and diplomat.
- 3 year old German communist party (Spartacus) crushed
- Romania annexes Transylvania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - Tell That to the Marines
- Beautiful Ohio - Prince's Orchestra
- They'll Be Mighty Proud in Dixie of Their Old Black Joe - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?