Tuesday 7 January 1919, Orthodox Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Duncan and Alexandre Percier.
Your Wife and Mine, directed by Eve Dorrington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1919 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Robert Duncan: American major contemporary poet, considered a presiding voice of the San Francisco Bay area specifically, which he helped establish as a major center of poetry in the United States.
- Alexandre Percier: Brest Military man.
- Henry Ware: Eliot American industrialist and philanthropist (Born 1843).
- Montenegrin guerrilla fighters rebel against the planned annexation of Montenegro by Serbia, but fail.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When You Come Back, and You Will Come Back - Orpheus Quartet
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 (Anitra's Dance) - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Oh How I Wish I Could Sleep Until My Daddy Comes Back Home - Henry Burr
- O Death, Where is Thy Sting? - Bert Williams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?