Thursday 2 January 1919US date format: 1/2/1919, UK date format: 2/1/1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 2, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carole Landis and Suzanne Lousberg.
Little Women, directed by Harley Knoles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1919 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Carole Landis: American actress and writer.
- Suzanne Lousberg: Belgian astrologer, devoted collaborator of Gustave L. Brah & Cebesia.
- Louis Moreau: France Military man.
- Anti-British uprising in Ireland.
- Lithuania gains independence.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When You Come Back, and You Will Come Back - Orpheus Quartet
- Oh How I Wish I Could Sleep Until My Daddy Comes Back Home - Henry Burr
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 (Anitra's Dance) - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- O Death, Where is Thy Sting? - Bert Williams