Thursday 16 January 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Nicolas and Bob Boucher.
Auction of Souls, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1919 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Roger Nicolas
- Bob Boucher: Kent, Ohio -- Orchestra leader (Music on Ice).
- Jerome Horwitz: American chemist and academic (d. 2012).
- Prohibition ratified by 3 / 4 of states; Nebraska is 36th
- Temperance movement: The United States ratifies the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, authorizing Prohibition in the United States one year after ratification.
- World War I: A peace conference opens in Versailles, France.
- Bentley Motors is founded in England.
- The First Dáil Éireann meets in the Mansion House in Dublin.
- An ambush of the police at Soloheadbeg marks the beginning of the Irish War of Independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They'll Be Mighty Proud in Dixie of Their Old Black Joe - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Al Jolson - Tell That to the Marines
- Beautiful Ohio - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?