Thursday 12 June 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chick Corea and Marv Albert.
They Met in Bombay, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1941 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Chick Corea: American jazz musician, Corea was playing piano by age four.
- Marv Albert: American veteran and popular sportscaster with NBC, fired from his post when he went to trial on sexual charges.
- Roy Harper: English folk rock singer, songwriter and guitarist who has been a professional musician since 1964.
- Roy Harper in Manchester: England; rocker (Folkjokeopus).
- Lucille Roybal-Allard: American politician.
- Chick Corea in Chelsea: Massachusetts, USA; jazz musician (Delhpi I, Toy Dance).
- Reg Presley: English singer-songwriter (The Troggs) (d. 2013).