Saturday 13 December 1941US date format: 12/13/1941, UK date format: 13/12/1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 13, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Tasca and John Davidson (entertainer).
Remember the Day, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1941 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Catherine Tasca: French politician, a member of the...
- John Davidson (entertainer)
- Jean Roatta
- Michael R Deland
- Michael Deland: American Environmental Protection Agency...
- John Davidson: American actor on stage and film; most...
- John Davidson in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; TV host (Hollywood...
- Anouska Hempel: Forbes, New Zealand -- Actress (Tiffany...
- U-81 torpedoes British aircraft carrier Ark Royal
- Lawine battlers destroy Haaraz, Peru; about 3,000 die.
- German occupiers forbid National Front and Netherlands Union.
- Bulgaria declares war on Great Britain and the United States.
- World War II: Hungary and Romania declare war on the United States.
- Sweden's low temperature record of -53°C is set in a village within the Vilhelmina Municipality.