Thursday 17 January 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carole McDonald and Francesca Snethlage.
Tarzan of the Apes, directed by Scott Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1918 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Carole McDonald: American singer who used her talent in clubs, on tours, in Las Vegas and with her husband's band from 1938-1983.
- Francesca Snethlage: Dutch astrologer, researcher, author and data collector.
- Fabian Dobles: Costa Rican writer and left-wing political activist.
- Hans Reimling: Germany Military man.
- Joseph Walker Barr: Banker / politician.
- George Leader: American soldier and politician 36th Governor of Pennsylvania (d. 2013).
- Keith Joseph: English lawyer and politician Secretary of State for Education (d. 1994).
- George M Leader: American politician and 36th Governor of Pennsylvania.
- Finnish Civil War: The first serious battles take place between the Red Guards and the White Guard.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Will You Remember? - Olive Kline & Lambert Murphy
- Danny Boy - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- Henry Burr - Somewhere in France is the Lily
- Say a Prayer for the Boys Over There - Peerless Quartet