Tuesday 17 December 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 17, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Édika and Christian Piquemal.
Kitty Foyle, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1940 ?
- Christian Piquemal
- Kare Valebrokk: Norwegian journalist.
- Maria Velasco: TV Actress.
- Kåre Valebrokk: Norwegian journalist (d. 2013).
- María Velasco: Mexican actress singer director and screenwriter (d. 2015).
- Alicia Boole Stott: Irish mathematician (Born 1860).
- British troops occupies Sollum
- President Roosevelt, at his regular press conference, first sets forth the outline of his plan to send aid to Great Britain that will become known as Lend-Lease.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra