Sunday 17 June 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Delahaye and Lodwrick Cook.
Ride 'Em Cowboy, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1928 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Jacques Delahaye: French sculptor, who died in May 2010.
- Lodwrick Cook: American engineer, production merchandise marketer and CEO of Atlantic Richfield, a U.S.
- Ramon de Basterra: Spanish writer / diplomat (Virulo, mocedades).
- Amelia Earhart leaves Nfld to become 1st woman (passenger) to fly Atlantic (as a passenger in a plane piloted by Wilmer Stultz)
- Aviator Amelia Earhart starts her attempt to become the first woman to successfully cross the Atlantic Ocean (she succeeds the next day). Wilmer Stultz was the pilot.