Sunday 17 November 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Hayward and Luke Kelly.
Little Nellie Kelly, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1940 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- David Hayward: American jazz musician and a trumpeter who still plays pro gigs in the '90s.
- Luke Kelly: Irish singer and banjo player (The Dubliners) (d. 1984).
- Aşık Şerif: Turkish composer author and poet (d. 2002).
- Raymond Pearl: American biologist and botanist (d. 1940).
- Green Bay Packers become first NFL team to travel by plane.