Tuesday 17 December 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert Canova and Jacqueline Hill.
Skyscraper Symphony, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1929 ?
- Gilbert Canova: Swiss dancer.
- Jacqueline Hill: English actress (d. 1993).
- William Safire: Political columnist (NY Times) / speech writer (Nixon).
- Manuel Gomes da Costa: Portuguese politician (Born 1863).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1929 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ruth Etting - More Than You Know
- Chant of the Jungle - Roy Ingraham & His Orchestra