Tuesday 17 August 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maureen O'Hara and 1999 Izmit earthquake.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1920 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Maureen O'Hara: Irish-American actress who was particularly popular in American movies of the 1940s and '50s.
- 1999 Izmit earthquake
- Georgia Gibbs: Worcester, Massachusetts -- Singer (Ballin the Jack, Kiss of Fire).
- Lida Moser: American photographer and author (d. 2014).
- In memory of Ray Chapman (died August 16), Yanks cancel game with Indians
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - John Steel
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz