Sunday 18 June 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lynn Whiting and Amanda Lear.
Five Came Back, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1939 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Lynn Whiting: Horse trainer.
- Amanda Lear: Vietnamese-born transvestite and perhaps transsexual, she was born a male.
- Lou Brock: One-time baseball stolen base leader (St. Louis Cardinals).
- Jean-Claude Germain: French Canadian author, journalist and historian.
- Brooks Firestone: American businessman and politician.
- French LM "Sas" van Aerschot: Flemish actor, dies at 73.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 June 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?