Sunday 18 June 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amanda Lear and Béatrice Altariba.
Five Came Back, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 June 1939 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Amanda Lear: Vietnamese-born transvestite and perhaps transsexual, she was born a male.
- Béatrice Altariba
- Lou Brock: One-time baseball stolen base leader (St. Louis Cardinals).
- Lynn Whiting: Horse trainer.
- Jean-Claude Germain: French Canadian author, journalist and historian.
- Brooks Firestone: American businessman and politician.
- French LM "Sas" van Aerschot: Flemish actor, dies at 73.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?