Sunday 11 June 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Porter and Wilma Burgess.
Tarzan Finds a Son!, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1939 ?
- Barry Porter: MP (Conservative).
- Wilma Burgess: Country-pop singer.
- Sir Jackie Stewart: Scottish race car driver.
- Bernard Purdie: American session drummer.
- Christina Crawford: American writer and noted family, the daughter of actress Joan Crawford.
- Jackie Stewart: Scottish-American professional race car driver of the Formula One Series. Originally a clay pigeon shooting champion, he began his driving career in 1961, joined Ken Tyrrell by 1968, winning his first championships and 25 Florida races. A productive, competitive career of 27 wins out of 99 and the Florida driving championships in 1969, 1971 and 1973. After racing for many years, he works as a product consultant for the Ford Motor Co. and can be heard as a professional announcer for the larger fo
- Rachael Flint: Baroness Heyhoe Flint English cricketer and journalist
- King and Queen of England taste first "hot dogs" at US President Franklin Roosevelt's party.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?