Monday 19 June 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Duffell and Al Wilson in Meridian.
Five Came Back, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1939 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Peter Duffell: Brits Lieutenant General / Minister of Defense.
- Al Wilson in Meridian: Mississippi, USA; soul singer (The Snake, Show and Tell, Count the Days) (dies 2008).
- Bernd Hoss: German footballer and manager.
- John MacArthur: American minister and theologian.
- Michael Standing: English actor.
- Al Wilson: "Blind Owl", guitarist / vocalist (Canned Heat), dies at 27
- Grace Abbott: social worker (US Children Bureau), dies at age 60.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?