Tuesday 6 June 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nganani Enos J Mabuza and Gary US Bonds.
Young Mr. Lincoln, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Escape by Ethel Vance was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1939 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Nganani Enos J Mabuza: South African leader (Inyandza National Movement).
- Gary US Bonds: American musician.
- Marian Wright-Edelman: health care president (Childrens Defense Fund).
- Lawrence Stephen: Nauruan politician (d. 2006).
- Antoine Zacharias: French business executive, an engineer by training, who was France's highest paid executive for several years.
- Louis Andriessen: Dutch composer (Reconstruction)
- Gary Bonds: American singer-songwriter
- Eddie Giacomin: Canadian-American ice hockey player coach and sportscaster
- Ford Madox Ford: Writer, dies at 65.
- New York Giants beat Reds 17-3, with 5 HRs in 4th inning
- New York Supreme Court Justice J F Crater legally declared dead
- Judge Joseph Force Crater is declared legally dead.
- German dictator Adolf Hitler gives a public address to returning German volunteers who fought as Legion Kondor during the Spanish Civil War.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?