Tuesday 20 June 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 20, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-René Fourtou and Michael Buckley.
Bachelor Mother, directed by Garson Kanin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 June 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1939 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Jean-René Fourtou: French businessman, honorary chairman of the supervisory board of Vivendi, a French multinational mass media company headquartered in Paris.
- Michael Buckley: English civil servant.
- Ramakant Desai: Indian cricketer (Born 1939).
- Budge Rogers: English rugby player and manager.
- Test flight of first rocket plane using liquid propellants.