Saturday 24 June 1939US date format: 6/24/1939, UK date format: 24/6/1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 24, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Brigitte Fontaine and HA Schult.
Bachelor Mother, directed by Garson Kanin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 June 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1939 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Brigitte Fontaine: French singer of avant-garde music.
- Henry Lawrence Garett III: Miami, Florida -- Secretary of the Navy...
- HA Schult: German artist.
- Jean-Jé Colonna: French alleged crime boss, the Godfather...
- Michael Gothard: English actor (Born 1939).
- Siam is renamed to Thailand by Plaek Pibulsonggram, the country's third prime minister.